In this article, we will show you how to install DirectAdmin on a CentOS server.
- Login to your server via SSH or KVM, via root.
- Disable selinux;
sed -i ‘s/enforcing/disabled/g’ /etc/selinux/config
3. Run the following command to install all the prerequisite packages for the Direct Admin control panel;
yum install wget gcc gcc-c++ flex bison make bind bind-libs bind-utils openssl openssl-devel perl quota libaio libcom_err-devel libcurl-devel gd zlib-devel zip unzip libcap-devel cronie bzip2 cyrus-sasl-devel perl-ExtUtils-Embed autoconf automake libtool which patch mailx bzip2-devel lsof psmisc net-tools systemd-devel libdb-devel perl-DBI xfsprogs rsyslog logrotate crontabs -y
4. Download the install script and run;
5. Follow the the steps from the wizard, selecting the default options, it will ask if we wish to install the prerequisite packages, answer yes but they should already all be installed by the command above.
6. Install the license, by getting the details from the DirectAdmin website control panel, below are the example details that we are using;
Please enter your Client ID : 55967
Please enter your License ID : 167117
Please enter your hostname (server.domain.com)
It must be a Fully Qualified Domain Name
Do *not* use a domain you plan on using for the hostname:
(don’t use domain.com. Use server.domain.com instead.)
Do not enter http:// or www
Enter your hostname (FQDN) : directadmin.servermania.io (Enter yours, not this one)
Client ID: 55967 (Enter yours, not this one)
License ID: 167117 (Enter yours, not this one)
Hostname: directadmin.servermania.io (Enter yours, not this one)
Is this correct? (y,n) : y
Is eth0 your network adapter with the license IP (126.96.36.199)? (y,n) : y
Your external IP: 188.8.131.52
The external IP should typically match your license IP.
Is 184.108.40.206 the IP in your license? (y,n) : y
DirectAdmin will now be installed on: Enterprise 7.2
Is this correct? (must match license) (y,n) : y
7. From this point you will be asked a further series of questions, you can generally select yes to all of these questions for a “base” installation with the default versions that DirectAdmin recommend.
8. When the installation completes you will see the following output and will be able to login to the control panel.
http://220.127.116.11:2222 (Use your own Server IP, not this one) and enter your Admin username and password when prompted.