Our Instant Bare Metal Servers are pre-configured on an Enterprise Intel E3-based Xeon processor with at least a 3 Gigahertz Central Processing Unit (CPU) and come with 16 to 32 Gigabytes (GB) of Random Access Memory (RAM) and 1 Terabyte (TB) of storage space. You’ll also retrieve /29 subnet IP range, Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) and a Keyboard, Video Mouse (KVM) console to fully control your server in the even you lose remote access. Your server also comes with 1000 Megabits per second Denial of Service Attack Protection and the ability to run Windows or Linux. There are several scenarios where Instant Bare Metal would come in handy.
What is a Bare Metal Server?
You’ve probably heard the term Bare Metal used a lot in the hosting industry.When we talk about Bare Metal, we’re referring to a physical Dedicated Machine (not a virtual server) assigned to one client and one client only. Bare Metal Servers have dedicated mechanical and/or solid state drives, or a combination of the both. Perhaps you run eight 1 TB SSD drives in RAID10 and have two 4 TB mechanical drives setup for backups.Your network card (usually a gigabit port), RAM, CPU and power supply is not shared with any other client.
cPanel is a Linux-based web hosting control panel that provides administrators, re-sellers, and customers access to graphically manage web-hosting tools. It also has built in automation tools for automated website hosting.
OwnCloud is a self-hosted open-source dropbox-style cloud storage system. It has applications for nearly every operating system and is free.It’s common to have a Random Array of Inexpensive Disks (RAID) card in your server which controls the drives and how data is stored.
Host your multiplayer games on our affordable Instant Bare Metal Servers.You can spin up an instance in a matter of minutes.
Dedicated Network Port
Most data centers will provide you with a dedicated 1Gbps (1000Mbps) network port. While this is the ideal scenario for most situations, you’ll also want to keep in mind that your network port does not show the actual internet speed. Due to how the internet works, connections to and from your server will use different routes and travel across many different hops. Some hops may have less bandwidth and higher latency, causing “lag”.
A few things to consider
- Processor – We use Enterprise-grade Intel E3 server CPUs.They’re designed to run under a high load for long periods of time.Usually several years.
- RAM – Our Bare Metal Servers come with either 16 or 32 GB RAM.
- Drive Space – By default, all Bare Metal customers receive a 1 TB drive.If you need more space or a faster drive, you may consider a custom Bare Metal Server.
- Operating System – Our Instant Bare Metal Servers give you options between different Linux distributions.
- Network Port – Utilizing the latest technology, each of our Instant Bare Metal Servers use a 1000 (1Gb) dedicated network port.
- Firewall – Our state-of-the-art RioRey appliance leverages 1Gbps DDOS protection at no extra cost to you.
The next step…
Now that you’ve learned a bit more about our Instant Bare Metal Servers, next you’ll need to find a suitable package tailored to your exact needs.If you need help in finding the best solution for your project, feel free to reach out to our sales experts via live chat, phone or ticket