MONTREAL
Data Center

Back to Data Centers

OVERVIEW

Established to cater to the demanding requirements of large IT businesses, ServerMania’s Montreal data center is a 175,000 sq. ft. facility located in the heart of Montreal, Canada. With 50 Megawatts of available power on a 384,000 sq. ft. property, it is Canada’s largest wholesale data center.

This Tier 3 data center represents the highest standards as defined by the Uptime Institute. MTL has the capacity for up to 4000 cabinets and 9 data halls. With unmatched capacity, our Montreal facility gives your business the room to scale to any size.

MTL will lower your carbon footprint through our use of 99% sustainable energy and 100% free air conditioning for the majority of the year.

ServerMania Montreal Data Center's photo ServerMania Montreal Data Center's photo ServerMania Montreal Data Center's photo

Available Services: Managed Services | Dedicated Servers | Hybrid Servers | Colocations | IP Transit

Brands logos
Location

19701 Avenue Clark Graham Ave, Baie-D’Urfe, QC (15 minutes from Montreal International Airport)

Size

384,000 sq. ft. gross; 175,000 square feet of datacenter space

Commissioned

2015

Test IP

104.227.97.6

Security

24/7/365 staffing with at least 3 officers. Dual-factor authentication system (keycard + biometrics)

Carriers

Fully redundant, consists of Fibernoire & Cogent onsite.

Certifications

SSAE 16, SOC 2 TYPE II, CSAE 3416 certificates ensure that our processes and procedures meet or exceed the strictest of standards.

Green Hosting

99% of energy generated in Quebec is from renewable and sustainable hydroelectric dams. The remaining 1% is from other renewable energy sources like wind.

Excellent Connectivity

Low latency and high throughput network access to North America and Europe.

SPEED TEST

Test your connection speed to our Montreal data center now.

TEST SPEED!

DATA CENTER SPECIFICATIONS

Power
  • 48 Hour Continuous Generator
  • UPS Concurrently maintainable
  • Dual path power distribution to every rack
  • Multiple 1.0 MW continuous runtime generators
  • PUE ~ 1.15
Network
  • Meet-Me Carrier Room
  • 5+ on-site networks and access to over 50 carriers with minimal additional latency
  • Carrier Neutral
  • Fiber entrance with multiple diverse entries
Security
  • SOC 1 TYPE II
  • SOC 2 TYPE II
  • CSAE 3416 TYPE II
  • PCI DSS
  • ISO27001 Standards 2017 Q1
  • Closed-Circuit TV
  • On-Site Guards
Climate
  • Cooling System: KyotoCooling – air to air heat exchanger
  • Backup Cooling: System Perimeter refrigerant based cooling system
  • Cooling Density per Rack 35-40kW/Rack, 1590 watts/sq
  • Humidification: Centralized steam

Why Global Businesses Choose Montreal

SMEs find Montreal’s data center industry increasingly attractive as a venue for data storage and infrastructure hosting. The combination of cheap power, great infrastructure, and strong privacy laws has created a data center boom in Canada, powering a flourishing tech economy and creating a robust employment market for engineers, system administrators, and developers.

Download the white paper

NEED HELP SELECTING A DATA CENTER?

Our team of experts is standing by to help you choose the right data center for your next project.

BOOK A CONSULTATION

Contact us

Please, wait...

Thanks for your request!

Our experts will contact you soon

Oops! Something got wrong...

Please write to support@servermania.com or start a chat

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

+What makes Montreal the right data center location for my servers?

By hosting servers and data in Canada, ServerMania’s clients benefit from increased privacy, reduced hosting costs and play a part in reducing harmful fossil fuel use. Servers in our Montreal facility benefit from an innovative cooling system that takes advantage of the ambient air temperature, further reducing power consumption.

+Do you offer server colocation in Montreal?

ServerMania offers a variety of colocation services in our Montreal data center. Learn more at: https://www.servermania.com/colocation-montreal.htm

+Does the Montreal data center have any certifications?

SSAE 16, SOC 2 TYPE II, CSAE 3416 certificates ensure that our processes and procedures meet or exceed the strictest of standards.

+Does the data center feature any green energy initiatives?

Montreal, Canada features a power grid powered almost exclusively by renewable hydro-electric power. Our data center also maximizes on the cool climate of Montreal in order to reduce our reliance on air conditioning. These technologies allow our Montreal data centers to have a very low carbon footprint.

MORE USEFUL INFORMATION IN OUR KNOWLEDGE BASE